• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

App virtual directories missing after TMD move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaver

Chevereto Member
Hi; I'm one of the users that's running this on a site hosted through TMD; after the recent move they did to my site the only thing that seems to work in the app is the front page; everything else gives complaints that /login or /me or /category or whatever isn't found on the server.

I'm guessing that chevereto set up some magical directory names for me in the httpd but that those have come unglued now?

It's been a while since i've looked at the site config or anything so I'm not really sure where to start with fixing this.

Is there some kind of 'repair install' option that would fix up broken environment things like that?

Ok, I can make a rewrite rule in the .htaccess file and that works; but I'm guessing the rules for the app got removed/confused/lost/i don't know how the app interacts with mod_rewrite

It uses the htaccess file to do that. Maybe you need to add a rewrite base.

I don't know what a rewrite base is, but I'm guessing the problem here is that the app originally set up a .htaccess with various rewrite rules, and now what i've got is an .htaccess with nothing but "RewriteEngine On". In which case, how do I make the app repopulate the .htaccess file?

Cool, that did it! Getting the last several app updates now (been a while since I used it from outside shareX :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back