• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Am I doing this wrong? namecheap cpannel

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MySQL
Database version
cpannel
Web browser
all

sfdhxgkj

Chevereto Member
I used to use this on namecheap cpannel buisness for personal use, but I decided to upgrade. Found out I needed to buy a license and did so. I got a malformed screen, so I tried to install 4.0 but that does not seem to work with cpannel. I tried to install it again today as a new version has come out, and now it asks for database instead of cpannel creds.

I installed linuxserver chevereto free docker and that works fine.

Is there a 4.0 docker container I can use? And can I move the domain since my server and namecheap hosting are diffrent domains?

I used to use this on namecheap cpannel buisness for personal use, but I decided to upgrade. Found out I needed to buy a license and did so. I got a malformed screen, so I tried to install 4.0 but that does not seem to work with cpannel. I tried to install it again today as a new version has come out, and now it asks for database instead of cpannel creds.

I installed linuxserver chevereto free docker and that works fine.

Is there a 4.0 docker container I can use? And can I move the domain since my server and namecheap hosting are diffrent domains?
Keep in mind not to use 4.0 as production, it's currently in beta and shall only be using for testing purpose only.

I got a malformed screen, so I tried to install 4.0 but that does not seem to work with cpannel.
The malformed screen you mention is likely a HTTP(s) issue failing to load the static website assets (js, css).

I tried to install it again today as a new version has come out, and now it asks for database instead of cpannel creds.
V4.0.0.beta.1 works in any server, but it requires environment variables which are not that trivial to provide in cPanel . Usually you will put these variables in your webserver / php-fpm but in cPanel that's not an option, and it seems that it will require to use php.ini or something else (I'm still investigating the best way to accommodate that).

Is there a 4.0 docker container I can use?
Of course,

For V3: This is the gold standard: https://github.com/chevereto/container-builder/blob/3.20/docs/SETUP.md and there's a bootstraped version here: https://github.com/chevereto/docker/blob/3.20/docs/COMPOSE.md

For V4: https://github.com/chevereto/docker/blob/4.0/docs/COMPOSE.md

And can I move the domain since my server and namecheap hosting are diffrent domains?
Sure thing.

Back