• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Album Randomizer implementation issue

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
Web browser
Chrome

CaffeinatedChaos

Chevereto Member
Attention: No official support is provided at Community Help, this is for users helping each other. If you want official support go to chevereto.com/support

This is after having gone through the steps to implement the linked randomizer customization into v4.
  • Created /overrides/ folder and i.php file within that at: public_html > app/legacy/routes/overrides/i.php
  • Created /snippets/ folder and modal_random.php within that at: public_html > content/legacy/themes/Peafowl/overrides/snippets/modal_random.php
  • Updated existing album.php file along path: public_html > content/legacy/themes/Peafowl/overrides/views/album.php
  • Updated existing .htaccess file along path: public_html > .htaccess
Question:
Did I have to include this snip of rewrite code anywhere else that it wasn't already pre-coded in?
You will require to use RewriteRule randomizer/(.+)\.gif$ i/?album=$1 [R=301,L] at your server rewrite.

Issue:
Right now, when I click the RANDOMIZER icon within an album, I get the below format which looks correct per the example in the initial Guide:
Randomizer
All images in this album will be in the randomizer. You can add or remove images from the album at any time to effect the randomizer.

Link
https://_____.com/randomizer/g3IW.gif
However, when I go to the provided link, I get the following error:

That page doesn't exist​

The requested page was not found.

Can someone please help me learn what I've missed in this setup to get things working correctly per the initial Guide so I can get this working properly? I'd really appreciate the guidance! Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks @armory . I thought I'd been doing that but let me backtrack the subdomain portion then :)

If 'RANDOMIZER' is not a subdomain, then is that a file created somewhere in the hierarchy? Or is there nothing I should have had to create new like that?

I would love to be able to find a fix for this - it looks like it's not just me at least! :)

Has anyone implemented this code and has it working correctly? I'd love to know where our steps deviated...

I had my randomizer working before I broke my site in a completely new and novel way. One thing I discovered for myself at least was that the site had to be set to public for it to work.

Back