• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Adding new server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagefox

Chevereto Member
While trying to add a new server, I keep running into issues.

ERROR:
Can't insert storage. Error: Can't change dir in CHV\Ftp::chdir

The system does not say what type of info is needed for line items, like path I put "/var/www/vhosts/system/mydomain.com/", URL I put "http://mydomain.com/".

By definition what I entered is correct, possibly you should provide some examples of what your system requires.

Please help

That error indicates that either the path is wrong or the ftp account doesn't has all permissions to handle that FTP.

The generic response of "you did something wrong" does not suffice. It is the same response everybody receives on this forum. I have
entered the path correctly, and also have the correct permissions for the FTP. I guess I would just like to request a refund, as the multi server option is the main reason I bought this script (which evidently does not work)

The generic response of "you did something wrong" does not suffice. It is the same response everybody receives on this forum. I have
entered the path correctly, and also have the correct permissions for the FTP. I guess I would just like to request a refund, as the multi server option is the main reason I bought this script (which evidently does not work)
I have 5 external storage servers setup for two different sites (total of 10) all using sFTP without any issues at all.

Granted I am not using plain old FTP (why would you?), but I doubt there is an issue with Chevereto.

The generic response of "you did something wrong" does not suffice. It is the same response everybody receives on this forum.

90% of all support issues are stuff that isn't related to the script so we have to make sure that you check at your end that everything is OK. We have a guide that explains how to handle this incidents and don't go panic about it: https://chevereto.com/community/threads/tech-support-guidelines.7552/

What the script tells you "Error: Can't change dir in CHV\Ftp::chdir" is what the system gets from the FTP command. The system issues commands to the remove server and that's what the remote server responds. It could be a lot of things just to name a few: Permissions, limitations either in your local or remote server, wrong input data, etc. But the most common stuff is the realpath and permissions. Anything else is extremely weird and need deep debug, which is usually our second support instance where we get in your server and we check everything for you.

You opened the topic yesterday and outside of support hours. I don't know your local time, but support here runs from 12:00 to 18:00 CLST so at this very time we could get in your server and check everything. You only need to provide us with the following:
  • FTP access to your server
  • Admin access to your Chevereto installation
  • FTP credentials of the alleged external server
If you want us to check it out send an email to inbox@chevereto.com and do please keep in mind the support hours. If you do it now I will surely check it within minutes.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Using valid settings that works for other ftp scripts returns errors with this script. I get a support response of "you entered something wrong". Maybe you got it to work, but I am not willing to spend hours trying to figure out what their system requires.

That's why I told you that we must check it out on our end. We don't use a FTP library, we use the raw FTP command. You can't compare scripts that achieve the same functionalities using different coding. All you need to do is send us the details, you don't need to do anything else.

Check the other support topics, I always do the same. If I need to spend hours debugging I will do it.

Perhaps I did jump the gun, for this I am sorry. I will send details via email shortly, Thank You

No problem, as an exception I will check it even out of support hours.

@sagefox You're in good hands. Don't worry. I definitely like Chevereto's support. I can vouch for it.
I totally agree with you. Support is superb, and the product beats any similar products on the market today (and I have tried most). Sometimes people (finger pointed at me) just need to be a little more patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back