• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Add Minio / Digital Ocean Spaces (S3 Compatible external storage)

Would you use external storage if more options were available?

• Total voters

walshav

Chevereto Member
Please consider adding Minio https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minio or Digital Ocean Spaces object based storage as an external source for Chevereto. I think it would be easy to do since both services are Amazon S3 compatible and that is all working. We just need a clone of that code that does not force the location choice of Amazon S3. As others have mentioned in recommending BackBlaze, having cheaper object level storage options would make external storage more pealing.

I use DO at the demo and few weeks ago I got the email about their new storage stuff. It will be nice to have that alternative.

I want to see Minio. Storj, Sia, and a few other crypto files are now using Minio to implement it. It would be kickass to be able to use Chevereto to securely store images on the blockchain.

Minio now connects straight with Sia, Storj, and other object storages like S3. I think they're turning out to be an interesting player in the file hosting industry. they seem to be, becoming the bridge between a software using Minio API to the rest.

Back