• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

404 when uploading images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestar

Chevereto Member
Dear support,

i get a 404 error whenever I upload an image. It then points to mysite.com/image/z while I think it should rather point to mysite.com/images/imagename.jpg

Also, I can't login to the admin panel. It just keeps loading (spinning icon) but nothing happens.

Make sure that mod_rewrite is enabled. If mod rewrite is enabled try to edit Chevereto's root .htaccess and remove the "#" before "Rewrite Base /". If nothing works then ask your hosting provider telling them that you need mod_rewrite in your website.

This url should be working if mod_rewrite is working properly:
http://images.gamewind.de/about

Cheers.

Editing the .htaccess file like you described worked, thanks! :)

Now there's the thing that the pictures have very short names, such as images.gamewind.de/M

Can I force the string to be longer, like for example images.gamewind.de/AfsdSDF

Editing the .htaccess file like you described worked, thanks! :)

Now there's the thing that the pictures have very short names, such as images.gamewind.de/M

Can I force the string to be longer, like for example images.gamewind.de/AfsdSDF

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back