• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Wondering about quickty

agreater

Chevereto Member
I know you have been really busy on Chevereto but I was wondering how Quickty was coming? Or when you thought there might be a beta release.

Thanks for the great work and all the time you put in on these forums.

Agreater

Most likely I will release a one-click file sharing script for free then if it goes good I will do something more elaborated. Currently I'm all about Chevereto so when I get some spare time I will work on that.

Cheers.

Quickty is something that is always dribbling my head and I want to release something soon. I think that there is enough room to make this move and that is time that file sharing scripts gets pushed to a new level. If you notice all the file sharing scripts are kind of heavy outdated, expensive or too basic. A new player must get into this market and push things forward just like Apple pushed the smartphones to a new level by the introduction of the iPhone. That is something that I can do and that I want to achieve. I've been studying the market since two years ago and the position of the major players is not strong. They have good position only because there are like 2 serious players and the rest are guys putting together some plugins and selling that in Code Canyon. I'm pretty sure that I can vanish them with a different concept, modern standards and better functionality and that is what Quickty is all about.

I'm pretty interested in push back Quickty to a more important level in my daily workload and that have been partially accomplished with Chevereto 3.2.5 (which came after a rush of releases for both bugs and needed features) but the move must be smart in the way that Quickty doesn't block Chevereto development and that can't be done yet because there are still few critical features that must be improved in Chevereto.

Most likely in July I will start to work in Quickty since in June I've a few deals and must have features to launch. Since the frameworks are done, Quickty won't take that long as Chevereto and something that will be different is that Quickty will debut the update system so it will nice to test that thing there.

Cheers.

Last edited:
No improvements or anything, I'm working 100% on Chevereto.

I started the development few weeks ago. I'm still doing the design but I already have the basic mock-ups to work with.

Last edited:
Looking for some new news on Quickty.
Thanks
Agreater

Development is going very well, but I won't disclose/show more about it until I have more complete stuff. At this time I've near 80% of the design ready and I'm doing all the warm up before the actual programming which will include the development of a complete new front-end framework and G\ 2.0, which wasn't my plan but Peafowl won't fit in Quickty so it has to be made.

There is a new Quickty dev update #1 that you can check. The highlights are:
  • Quickty is pushing the development of Peafowl "2"
  • The new Peafowl uses Bootstrap core components (grid, table, responsive)
  • The new Peafowl also improved the font icons foundation with Entypo + Font awesome
  • There will be a a heavy upgrade regarding Javascript
  • G\ will be improved with the following:
    • Support for sub-routes and better route observation
    • More DB methods
    • Support for multiple login sessions
    • Better naming conventions
I didn't mentioned in the post because is so obvious for me but still, Quickty will be mostly a single page app driven by PHP and modern Javascript.

Hope you like the heads up.

@Rodolfo How long we have to wait for Quickty? Are you releasing Quickty this year or next year? Just asking :rolleyes:
My goal is to release it at the end of the year. There is always things on the way but it should be released by the end of the year, maybe not the final product but a beta or something.

Back