• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

RSS Feeds pleaseee

sonontse

Chevereto Member
If chevereto has RSS feeds, then I can use IFFFT.com to automate my twitter, tumblr, facebook, blogger, etc, etc shares! Then I wouldn't need to click all those buttons every time I upload an image.

If chevereto has an user follow option, then it would make RSS feeds even better!

I haven't noticed any use of feeds either in Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest and Photobucket. The only guys who use feeds seems to be imgur and 500px and they use it just for featured images.

RSS feeds are useful in a community driven environment where one can follow another user or community. Right now I am using an external site such as tumblr or twitter to share all my uploads so my followers can keep updated. There is currently no feature in Chevereto to allow users to get updated on most recent activity through a feed aggregator. This is why I suggested RSS feeds. For example, I use RSS feeds from this forum to keep me updated on all the posts here. :)

I agree, IFTTT.com is great for handling RSS feeds and updating all your other pages. Without titles or any text, you really will not have much content to post via an RSS feed except the image and url to view it. For promotion of a new image hosting site it would probably help to get the word out about your free hosting. But in the long run you would probably end up flooding IFTTT since it only checks every 15 minutes for changes. If your site gets busy, say an image uploaded per minute during busy times....IFTTT would start missing the posts because of the limits.

I've just upgraded to v3.43 and have to take a look, but I don't think a title/description field when uploading was ever created. Its only for registered accounts and you have to edit each and every photo individually if you want to have a title for a photo. Basically the most data you will probably have is the image URL, date and time. Not much for a RSS feed.

This would be rather easy to create with php and a direct connect to the sql database, completely outside of the Chevereto system and theme. You would just have to be very careful to protect your sql connect code so its not viewed by a 3rd party and your entire site hacked.

Yes, I understand your point about titles and that's why my RSS feed would only export images that would have titles in them and not the entire image database. The thing about exporting from the sql database is that Chevereto does not store the image viewer's url page in sql. It has to be worked through routes which I have no knowledge about. So I guess I'm just waiting for this feature to be implemented so I can get an idea on how it is supposed to work.

The thing about exporting from the sql database is that Chevereto does not store the image viewer's url page in sql.

Usually you don't store in the database things that are deviated from the same data. In this case the image ID is converted to Public ID (the alphanumeric thing) using the CHV\encodeID(); so that converts "1" to "nB" and the viewer URL is /image/nB. As you may guess CHV\decodeID(); converts "nB" in "1".

Back