• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Invalid file type

invalid

Chevereto Noob
Hello

I'm from Holland. I can't speak Spanish, so I'll try English.

I want an image upload script for my site. And Chevereto looks really good, so I installed all the stuff and adjusted all the ftp to true and inserted my ftp site and username and stuff. And the index works, but when I try to upload a picture I get this error: Invalid file type, allowed JPG, PNG, GIF and BMP

I tried with JPG, PNG, GIF and they are all under the restriction of 2 mb.

I set the permission of files in my admin all to 777.

777.png

What else can I do wrong?

Hi, i've got the same error message now aswell. I have read the "install guide" in the Docs folder called welcome.html.

"Go to the "Upload" folder and edit "config.php" within the parameters of your needs. Finally upload the contents of this folder to your server. Thats all ... really."

The install instructions aren't that helpful ... really. No information about whether or not you have to chmod files/folders that I can see.

And whats this about a .zip file? I have searched and not found any .zip file.

thanks

bob said:
Hi, i've got the same error message now aswell. I have read the "install guide" in the Docs folder called welcome.html.

"Go to the "Upload" folder and edit "config.php" within the parameters of your needs. Finally upload the contents of this folder to your server. Thats all ... really."

The install instructions aren't that helpful ... really. No information about whether or not you have to chmod files/folders that I can see.

thanks

You don't need to apply any chmod. Just open config.php and edit it.

gonzalarcon said:
bob said:

In what comes Chevereto?

I know that!

How do I stop the Invalid file error message coming up? I am trying to upload files that are allowed so I don't understand why I am getting this error?

I have *not* chmod any files/folders. I have just edited the config.php file.

I've turned debug mode on now and I get the following error:-
Warning: ftp_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/hostname/domains/hostname.co.nz/public_html/image/engine.php on line 694

(I have changed my site name to hostname)

Is this why I would be getting the invalid file type error? What does this error message mean and how do I fix it?

Hi,

Same problem now :
All is fine except
Invalid file type, allowed JPG, PNG, GIF and BMP
with all format and size below the limit.

http://ainur.vaxserver.eu/images/chevereto

Code:
GD Version: 2.0 or higher
FreeType Support: Enabled
FreeType Linkage: with freetype
T1Lib Support: Enabled
GIF Read Support: Enabled
GIF Create Support: Enabled
JPG Support: Enabled
PNG Support: Enabled
WBMP Support: Enabled
XPM Support: Disabled
XBM Support: Disabled
JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support: Disabled

In case i've raised the maximum size :

php.ini said:
Maximum memory allocation 32M
Maximum HTTP POST size 12M
Maximum file upload size 2M
Maximum execution time 160 seconds
Maximum input parsing time 120 seconds

It doesn't work either.

I've tried using both ftp or php upload, but doesn't work more.

OK...
Try:
1. Create NEW FTP User whit acces in script folder eg.: i have /html_public/6HOME/
2. Edit config.php

For me work well ;)

invalid said:
Hello

I'm from Holland. I can't speak Spanish, so I'll try English.

I want an image upload script for my site. And Chevereto looks really good, so I installed all the stuff and adjusted all the ftp to true and inserted my ftp site and username and stuff. And the index works, but when I try to upload a picture I get this error: Invalid file type, allowed JPG, PNG, GIF and BMP

I tried with JPG, PNG, GIF and they are all under the restriction of 2 mb.

I set the permission of files in my admin all to 777.

777.png

What else can I do wrong?

I have tried million manual solutions but nothing helped,use a small tool available at http://pathtoodeep.com to resolve it and render it useable

Back