• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Installation Problem - 500 Internal Server Error

fdls4all

Chevereto Noob
I am testing this script on http://www.imgspot.org

I installed this script on http://www.imgspot.org/test

Didnt edit the config.php file as of now but wen i upload an image everything is fine! It shows all the links and all! But wen i try to go to the direct image link it shows the following. Can I get the solution for this please?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@imgspot.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I actually forgot to mention that! I CHMODED the images,up and thumbs folders to 777. But even after this the problem exists!! A wucik solution is needed acoz I am loosing traffic! :rolleyes:

Ok Now we need the logs (or you look at them). You can find them under logs, then error log.
Make sure the time stamps are correct (aka you don't copy past a 3 month old error).

How ever with out these I would say you have a faulty value in you htaccess file. in the image folder.

That might be a restriction by your host. If you have two course of action.
  • You contact/ read the FAQ of your hosting provider[/*]
  • you comment out the line with a #[/*]
I would do the second one. But then I don't mind people looking at the file indexes. (you could also just put an empty index.html file in the images folder)

SOLVED BY MYSELF! DELETE THE .htaccess from the images folder!! DAMN! SUCH A SIMPLE THINGY AND NO ONE ANSWERED!

fdls4all said:
SOLVED BY MYSELF! DELETE THE .htaccess from the images folder!! DAMN! SUCH A SIMPLE THINGY AND NO ONE ANSWERED!
that the same as commenting out the line. I just don't tell people to delete files because htaccess file can contain more rules for apache then the one that caused your problem.

Well anyway I'm glad you solved it.

How to do that comment?? Can u explain plz?? Put the code here so that i can do that! I knw deleting .htaccess is not a gud thingy!! Quick reply plzz!

fdls4all said:
How to do that comment?? Can u explain plz?? Put the code here so that i can do that! I knw deleting .htaccess is not a gud thingy!! Quick reply plzz!
Well not really quick but any way.
just put a # in front of the line you want to eliminate.

HI, Looking like a interesting thread going on. Its good that people are actually willing to share their views on this topic.

Seriusly... Use allways the last version. You are using 1.6
Then come here and tell us what happend.

Back