• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

html validation error

you're probably right, and millions of professionals are saying the opposite just for fun. keep dreaming!

SirMarcel said:
you're probably right, and millions of professionals are saying the opposite just for fun. keep dreaming!

Ok... There is a quick lesson for you.

Validation (html/css) is a measurement of the "standards" on your markup on any level. Awful things like placing box elements inside inline elements, css errors, etc. So, obviously when you look a validation result you can see 100%, 70% and so on... But that doesn't mean that the markup is wrong, it just means that you forget some "alt" or little things...

Anyway if you markup is semantic you should not worry of this at all... And of course a 100% validation doesn't mean that the work is done. Often we see sites that just looks good on firefox and chorme, and not in opera. That is because validation is not a measurement of your markup on a specific browser.

So what is the current best practice? Semantic markup + Any Browser.

And for your info.. Look at this: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=g...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

My portfolio is valid and on XHTML 1.0 Strict... Meaning that I'm telling you this because I know the two sides of the story. I you want to validate 100% good for you... But if you want the real thing... Please, semantic+anybrowser....

BTW... Chevereto have zero errors now (thank you David).
just open index.php and change this:
PHP:
<a id="savepref" />

to this:
PHP:
<a id="savepref">

Regards.

Back