• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Flood protection flooding my email

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
I had reported this issue earlier, but it has occurred again.

I have configured Flood protection as follows.

Minute Limit: 50
Hourly Limit: 500
Daily Limit: 1000
Weekly Limit: 5000
Monthly Limit: 10,000

Today and yesterday I had two instance where I got over 60+ emails from Chevereto system triggering flood protection for a single IP uploading emails. The event occurred between 04:09 - 04:29.

While I check the images uploaded by this IP I only see just 50 images. Why did I got this much email alerts from chevereto? Should I change the settings?

But the IP has uploaded only 50 images and I got 60+ alerts in 20 minutes span. After 1 minute limit it should had allowed the user to upload again.

Because you get an email every time he tries to upload something. So he uploaded 50 and try to upload more than 50 in that given minute.

By the way, I've noticed that the notify system of the flood protection can be annoying. So for the next release it will send just one email per time breach. So you will get just one mail when someone hit the minute/hour/day/etc limit.

Because you get an email every time he tries to upload something. So he uploaded 50 and try to upload more than 50 in that given minute.
Yes I understand that. But the alerts came to my inbox in span of 20 minutes.
Also this limit is hit only once in a while and when it hits I always gets 60+ mails.

By the way, I've noticed that the notify system of the flood protection can be annoying. So for the next release it will send just one email per time breach. So you will get just one mail when someone hit the minute/hour/day/etc limit.

Thanks it would be very useful.

I just tested the flood protection by uploading 250 images from my Amazon server.

It actually took more than 4 minutes to upload first 55 images. Still right after 55 the alert started going off, but the upload was still continuing. I keep on getting 1 email per image for the rest of 195 images till the upload reach 100%.

Even though I set limit of 50 images per minute, it was more like 50 images per upload session. Uploading continues even after reaching limit, but images are not saved to database beyond 50 images.

It would be nice to give a error to user if he selects more than 50 images to upload. So we can avoid flooding before even it happens.

Is not the same as the system (javascript) tells "100%" or "done" than the real communication with the server which happens way faster. Like I said, the thing send an email per each additional flood request which will be changed in the next release. No more improvements will be made to the flood protection by now.

I don't know what else you need to know about it. Maybe seeing the function you will clarify your doubts. Function handleFlood() in app/lib/classes/class.upload.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back