• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Fatal error after php.ini -change

ronaldst

Chevereto Member
I installed Chevereto on my host (arvixe.com) and everything was running fine. I noticed the upload size were limited to 2MB though, so I went on to change this by following their guidelines of doing so. I added a php.ini to my /public_html/ with the following:

upload_max_filesize = 256M
post_max_size = 256M
memory_limit = 128M

The PHP variables are updated (according to phpinfo in cpanel), but my Chevereto now gives me the following error.

Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/myusername/public_html/lib/G/classes/class.db.php on line 67

If I remove the php.ini and refresh the site, everything is fine again. Tried a fresh install, but the install gives me the same exact error.

Please help me out, what can be the cause of this?

Try to change that value from cPanel, not php.ini file.

I tried changing the PHP Configuration directly from cPanel like you suggested. I can now load Chevereto without errors.

The problem is that the changes I did in cPanel, the variables (max_size and max_filesize) have changed for the default PHP version running on the server, which is 5.3. Since Chevereto runs on PHP 5.4, the configuration changes I did in cPanel, does not affect Chevereto.

I'm only able to run Chevereto on arvixe.com by using AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54 .php to run PHP 5.4, and the settings for 5.4 I seem unable to change without running into errors.

When I run Chevereto with AddHandler it reads the php.ini from /opt/ntphp/php54/lib/php.ini.

I already tried (without luck) changing max_size and max_filesize by adding the following to my .htaccess:
php_value post_max_size 256M
php_value upload_max_filesize 256M

What a freaking mess.

Last edited:
Turns out that any tweak in the server is something that I can't assist you that much because it varies from server to server. Best that you can do is actually ask Arvixe support to deal with this I'm sure they won't have any problems in assist you.

Problem solved.

I spoke to arvixe support, twice, but other than telling me to make a php.ini and put it in public_html he didn't have much help to offer me. The problem I had was that when I did that, the site showed me a Fatal Error. I originally thought adding a php.ini forced the server to run PHP 5.3, but that was not the case.

The problem was that PDO support in PHP was compiled in, but not enabled in their server configuration for PHP 5.4 when a user defined php.ini is present. Usually PHP runs the user defined php.ini, and an additional alt_php.ini from the server configurations. Running phpinfo should return something like this, otherwise you run into the same problem I did:

Scan this dir for additional .ini files /opt/alt/php54/etc/php.d
Additional .ini files parsed /opt/alt/php54/etc/php.d/alt_php.ini

I had to enable this in my php.ini together with the other changes I needed. So for those who run into the same kind of problem, the solution is to add the following to your php.ini.

extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

Last edited:
ronaldst,

Apologies for the delay in response. Glad you were able to get everything resolved. In the future, feel free to message me directly.

Back