• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Documentation for front end framework Peafowl

Then why not using Bootstrap for front-end framework? It's already there for years and very popular right now, and switching to bootstrap would significantly reduce the cost of learning for people who new to Chevereto(both developers and visitors).

Bootstrap is not focused in media websites and Peafowl isn't focused in general websites. You use the thing that fits better to your needs.

Thing is that Bootstrap indeed does a great job handling grid elements and responsiveness, but the rest of the elements are just things that could be labeled as a fancy template.

Actually, the new Peafowl will use all the Bootstrap base grid elements, it is already in that way in Quickty. I'm using some css but I'm not using modals, alerts, or any javascript from them.

You can add Bootstrap on top of Peafowl if that makes sense for you and like I said, there is no point in write a documentation for something like this. You can ask me anytime what you need and for everything else you can always turn on your web browser inspector.

Last edited:
Oh, So that is what it is.Thank you for your detailed introduction for things behind Peafowl.

I built a framework for Chevereto, not for anything else. Bootstrap is a general case framework, it needs a documentation, but for Peafowl... Everybody can ask me anytime how-to use it, I don't bite. If no one ask me about it I assume that the need for documentation is not that important.

To this date I believe that I've been asked just 2 times about Peafowl (JS methods) and that's not enough to consider a documentation. As you may notice I have to focus my efforts in the actual development, which I strongly believe is several times more appreciated than the documentation.

But like I said, if you need help with it I can tell you all the know-how that you could need depending on what are you trying to do.

Last edited:
You are right focus on development it self truly appreciated by most of the people than the documentation in the current circumstances. I will ask you about when I encountered problem, thank you very much.

Regards

Back