• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

PSD support - Different Download File

RPPatrick

Chevereto Member
Hi there,

Awesome project, bought a core license today.
I've looked around the code and some forums and noticed GD is being used so a lot of formats are difficult (or impossible) to add.

My idea as a temporal workaround would be the following:
I am using this on a local server in our office as a means to keep our own image bank of all the stock and Brand images in order and indexable.

With the coming of 3.4.0's categories that would make it even better.

But what if you'd allow a Admin to edit the file that is downloaded for example you upload a "png"/"jpg" of a PSD as a means to "preview" it but the actual download link is a PSD.

Specifically for me that would be great cause the system I use is in a highly controlled environment but I would understand that this is not interesting for the bigger picture. Just throwing around some idea's :)

Great work here overall!

So basically you want to add PSD (or any non true image format) and show a download link to the original PSD rather than the converted image?

Correct,
That way it would be possible for me at least to deliver the .psd (or .eps, .ai, .svg) files to my coworkers.

So allowing me (The admin for our install) to add/edit a file where I can individually add/change the preview image and the download link

Like I said I can understand this is totally not interesting for a public release I guess, seeing as it requires a lot of manual work. So i've been looking around in the code to see where the download link is generated etc. Didn't have much time with it yet so so far I haven't found it yet

Yeah it needs a lot of work because it touch the uploader (both js and PHP), theme and database. It could be added later because PSD support is always something that drives attention but not at this time.

Last edited:
That's okay. I started adding it in.
I have a working PoC just have to add in some options here and there to output all links correctly. It all requires manual labor so none of this is automated which works fine for me.

if I am done and it works good i'll post it here.

Back