• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Database Update Error - Version 3.5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi,
I'm updating from version 3.5.2 to 3.5.9, and I done what I usually do.
Upload all files, log in as Admin, and hit the update button.

In the dashboard, it's showing as 3.5.9 (3.5.2 DB) update
So when I press the update button, I'm getting a cloudflare error:
"Error 524: A timeout occurred"‏ after waiting approx 30 - 1 min for something to happen.

Should the database update take a long time to complete?
I spoke to my host, and they've told me that the database is in the update process, and that I should wait, because my database is quite large. (I'm hosting 1.7 million images)

I've disabled image uploading for now, while the update completes.

Does this sound correct to you? Should it take a long time?
None of the other updates took quite this long?

It takes long because in 3.5.8 a full text index was added so yeah it could take a lot for 1.7M images. You can open the install script and do a G\debug($sql_update); then a die(); so you can issue the commands directly in the database.

OK then, thanks.
That makes sense. I'll leave it to run, and see how we go.

--- edit ---
Hi,
I've left it to run overnight, I've compared the chv_images table to another one that I exported this morning, and there appears to be differences, but the update still appears to be running.

I probably clicked the 'Update' button maybe 4 or 5 times yesterday, because I thought it wasn't doing anything.
Would that cause a problem? Will I have 4 or 5 instances of the update taking place? Or will it still only result in one update taking place? I'm just wondering if I have inadvertently slowed down the update process by clicking multiple times.

Also, how will I definately know the update is completed? Is one of the last steps, to update the dashboard to show: 3.5.9 (3.5.9 DB), instead of 3.5.9 (3.5.2 DB)?

Thanks

Last edited:
The last update command is change 3.5.2 to 3.5.9

TO make sure that nothing is running you need to kill the mysql server (re-start).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back