• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

clean 3.6.2 installation / missing "install" directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvan0

Chevereto Member
hello,
i have downloaded the 3.6.2 zip file, uploaded it to a directory inside the root (i have vbulletin installed already at root) and when i guide my browser to the main directory of chevereto, i am getting a 404.
http://***.com/chevereto/install
inside the chevereto directories, i see no "install" directory except at /app (but i guess that must be for upgrades).
anyways, i tried to run it but i am getting there a 403.

is there a way to fix this issue ?
thank you for your time :)

/install doesn't exists because that is a virtual folder, which is handled by Chevereto .htaccess rewrite rule. Make sure you uploaded that file, if you are using nginx you will need something like this:

Code:
location /folder {
    try_files $uri $uri/ /folder/index.php?$query_string;
}

the .htaccess is there, all the files are in place (checked directory by directory).
not using nginx.

i have no programming knowledge, so just in case, where exactly should i add the code you gave me?
(i guess its the .htaccess file)

the .htaccess is there, all the files are in place (checked directory by directory).
not using nginx.

i have no programming knowledge, so just in case, where exactly should i add the code you gave me?
(i guess its the .htaccess file)

Most likely the root .htaccess is overriding Chevereto. Try using RewriteBase /folder in Chevereto .htaccess

the part at .htaccess
# If you have problems with the rewrite rules remove the "#" from the following RewriteBase line
# You will also have to change the path to reflect the path to your Chevereto installation
# If you are using alias is most likely that you will need this.
RewriteBase /folder

# 404 images

result: same 404
http://www.***.com/chevereto/install

but just saw that below the 404 message it says "nginx"
my bad. i am sorry. didnt gave attention before.

so we are back at

location /folder {
try_files $uri $uri/ /folder/index.php?$query_string;
}

where (file - position) exactly i have to add it?
do i have to add the "#" before the RewriteBase /folder ?

Is better if you refer this issue directly to your hosting company. They will understand the issue and make the appropriate changes right away.

ok.
as soon as i have a reply from them and try to install, i'll reply here.
thank you for your time :)

takled with my hosting company and they did the changes needed.
everything is working like a charm!
issue resolved 100%

thank you very much for your help.
have a nice day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back