• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto 3.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Chevereto 3.4.0 (2014-08-10)
- Added image categories
- Added album descriptions
- Added new black theme
- Added setting to configure how to display images in listings
- Added Persian language
- Improved SEO (descriptions and content context)
- Improved MySQL performance
- Improved user interface
- Fixed issues in album management
- Fixed issue with URL upload (IP address)
- Updated French, German, Spanish and Russian translations
- Updated G\ to 1.0.14
- Updated Peafowl framework

Affected files and folders (from 3.3.2)
- app/
- lib/

Check the README.txt for install and update instructions and http://chevereto.com/docs

How do we switch to the black theme? I only see the Peafowl theme directory with the download.

edit** nvm i see it
edit2** noticed a bug, if we use custom theme, copied Peafowl to Peafowl-mod, it will not let me change tone or image listing size.

Last edited:
edit2** noticed a bug, if we use custom theme, copied Peafowl to Peafowl-mod, it will not let me change tone or image listing size.

You need to use lib/Peafowl and updated style.css from app/themes/Peafowl

Why do you "force" the height for "user cover". I mean, it seems to be like 800px height, even if we send a 400px height the script enlarges the cover and it isn't cool. I think a "height auto" will be better (with auto-center if it'snt large enough).

I think that we need "sub-cat" now. For example, I create a Wallpaper categorie, then I would like to have several themes (artworks, sexy, nature...) You know what I mean ? We should list content by sort.

And why don't we have recaptcha for sign in ? It works great for the contact form and I already have bots account.

Edit :

A minor issue, there is no "s" when I have several images (from albums/dashboard... everywhere in fact, I checked all and I never got the "s" when I have several)

140810012422583875.jpg

Last edited:
Why do you "force" the height for "user cover". I mean, it seems to be like 800px height, even if we send a 400px height the script enlarges the cover and it isn't cool. I think a "height auto" will be better (with auto-center if it'snt large enough).

User background cover has been always fixed. Difference is that this time it uses the whole screen to fit in. As you may notice the cover looks gorgeous but you need a pretty good picture to make it possible. That is not a problem I mean c'mon it looks amazing. http://demo.chevereto.com/user/godlike

I think that we need "sub-cat" now. For example, I create a Wallpaper categorie, then I would like to have several themes (artworks, sexy, nature...) You know what I mean ? We should list content by sort.

No, sub-cats is not a right approach. If I add subcats next thing that I will know is people asking me for sub-sub-cats because isn't enough to categorize. The right approach is tags and yes I want to add those in future releases.

And why don't we have recaptcha for sign in ? It works great for the contact form and I already have bots account.

We do have that. Thing is that appears after a few failed attempts (5 by default) you can set the attempt to zero and it will show always.

A minor issue, there is no "s" when I have several images (from albums/dashboard... everywhere in fact, I checked all and I never got the "s" when I have several)

140810012422583875.jpg

That doesn't happens in English or Spanish, so the cause of the error is the French translation. You can go here http://translate.chevereto.com/collaboration and collaborate with a fix for that.

Hi Rodolfo,
The new user cover looks excellent, for some users it is difficult to find high resolution photos, Can you please add some predefined images to select from.
thanks

User covers are a big picture because is a background. users will get use to thst.
Hi Rodolfo,
The new user cover looks excellent, for some users it is difficult to find high resolution photos, Can you please add some predefined images to select from.
thanks

It doesn't need to be hi-res. With a normal computer wallpaper you will be ok.

A theme (tone) switcher for user would be nice.
*Update* I forgot to say thank you for this release. Good work, keep it up.

Last edited:
Appeared small problem. My hosting of the photographs is moderated, when you place 100 pictures without category and wants to move to the category, eg. Screenshot that I have to edit every photo separately .. it should be corrected, or please - write me how to do it.

That doesn't happens in English or Spanish, so the cause of the error is the French translation. You can go here http://translate.chevereto.com/collaboration and collaborate with a fix for that.

I already contribued and I just checked one more time, it seems to be correct as you can see but I still have the error :

140811111328879839.jpg

Otherwise it's correct for view(s), week(s)... Seems to only affect "image"

Ok for recaptcha and subcats. About User background cover, of course it looks amazing and I like it, there is no problem for me but as said a lot of users are not "google friendly" and unable to find HD pics. For them the script enlarges a poor pic and it's not really amazing :D

I already contribued and I just checked one more time, it seems to be correct as you can see but I still have the error : Otherwise it's correct for view(s), week(s)... Seems to only affect "image"

It won't work just like that the .mo file must be generated and pushed to the script files. Like I said, Spanish is pretty similar syntax-like language and it works with the "S".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back