• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Amazon CF or MaxCDN?

rtomancini

Chevereto Member
Hi all!
New to chevereto here
Curious about opinions and experiences of users
I will be using Amazon S3 but trying to choose between Amazon CF or Max CDN?
Whichone integrates better and more easily with S3 and Chevereto?
Costs?

thanks!

Go With Amazon S3 Fast And Reliable if you are using shared hosting
good way to store files at multiple locations
other hand maxcdn
Host your static files

I can't say much for MaxCDN but have been using cloud flare and cloud front for the past 2 years for my Ecommerce site and both were fast and reliable. However I didn't quite like the way u have to set up DNS for cloud flare so recently, I got rid of cloud flare and switched to cloud front fully.

In the midst of switching I did consider MaxCDN. Both MaxCDN and cloud front offer similar features; in fact MaxCDN seemed to have more. What stopped me from moving over was because I was already using ec2 s3 rds and cloud front so having everything under one bill was great. And of cos, the great service I have experienced.

To me, uptime is the most important. For that, I choose cloud front.

MaxCDN is cheaper in the long term but we are talking about large data transfer. Both CloudFront and MaxCDN works with S3 and Chevereto so at the end is just what you feel better. If you use those CDN services with a cname (like cdn.mysite.com) you can test drive each one of them without loosing links, data or anything.

Back